Tuesday 24 May 2011

Well begun is half done

Hi, I'm totally new to the world of blogging so you might be thinking why I'm doing it. I love my life; married for 10 years, 2 beautiful children DS (darling son) aged 9 and DD (darling daughter) aged 4. I work part time, 2 days a week, term time only, and the rest of my time is spent at home. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm not a natural "housewife" - just ask my mum - I'm more of a good enough kinda gal. if you can't see the muck it's not there! As well as that I like to read parenting books and try to apply different techniques to the way I parent. My kids are well behaved and I'm very proud of them but how could I live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to do the best job I could. As well as parenting books I'm a self help book junkie. I guess I'm always looking to improve myself, not because I'm unhappy but beacuse I'm a big believer in always being the best person you can and doing the best job you can do; and right now my job is being a mum and home maker.

Well despite reading these books by the dozen I struggle to implement the lessons in my life. I'm easily distracted, I can always find something better to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't live in a hovel and scream at my kids. I think (hope) I'm a good mum and wife but I'm a procrastinator. So, no more procrasinating. Today I pledge to try one of these systems that I've been half on half off for a few years and to keep you informed about my progress, you will make me accountable. I'll begin by working through the beginners babysteps from a site called www.Flylady.net. Flylady.net is a home organisation system aimed at getting you out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) If you, like me, always have the words "Sorry about the mess" on the tip of your tongue, or can only have people over after a whole days crisis cleaning, this system claims to help.  In the past I've jumped in and tried to complete the whole system in a day, flopped down exhausted at the end of the day and that's been the end of that. Clever FlyLady is all too aware of this "perfectionist" tendancy (me? a perfectionist?) and deliberately makes new Flybabies take babysteps when starting out. So we'll begin at the beginning and see how we go.

Once I get into the swing of one system I might try others; parenting techniques, simplyfying your life, make me happy in a week kind of things. Do they work? Will they make my life easier? Will they make me happier? How much will it cost, both financially, physically and emotionally? I'll try to answer these questions as we go. I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes and laugh at myself in the process. I hope you can join me, laugh along with me and then see for yourself if any of these systems could work in your life.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment